Twitter is one of the far easier platforms to set up. Twitter has over 326 million users with its daily user count being around 100 million! That’s a lot of potential clients. 80% of people use Twitter on their mobile as it’s earlier to keep up with the fast pace news feed.
Let’s get started
Visit Twitter.com and click sign up.
To create an account, you will need to enter your name and mobile number or email address.
Twitter will then ask you to customise your experience by picking to ‘connect with people you know’ or ‘see better ads’. We recommend the first.
If you have used your mobile number to sign up it will send you a text message with a code to verify.
Then you will be required to create a password- make sure it’s safe.
Decorate Your Page with Branding
1. Profile Pic – This can be your business logo or your face. I wouldn’t upload your latest selfie but if you have had professional photos done then it’s a great way to put a face to a brand. Struggling to get your logo/face to fit? Get an account at canva.com and select the twitter template.
2. Header – AKA billboard. Create a logo or advertise the latest product/book/offer. Again, if you struggle with dimensions then visit Canva.
3. Name and username – Insert your Business name. Your username can be more difficult depending on how common or unique your business is. Try and get it as close to your business name as you can. This is the name that comes up when others tag you.
4. Bio – Let people know what you’re about using 160 characters. Make it catchy!
5. Posts and pinned posts – All your tweets will be on your profile however you can pin a post which will always remain at the top (until you unpin it). This is where your important news should go.
In the top right-hand corner, you will see the profile symbol click this and also on the right you’ll see ‘edit profile’ This is where you can edit steps 1,2,3 (but not 4) and 5.
To edit your @username click the same profile symbol and select settings and privacy.
Tweeting & Hashtags
To make your first tweet you will see the “Tweet” button in the top right-hand side or also can be seen as a feather symbol. You are only allowed 280 characters.
Top Tweet tips:
1. Be engaging
2. Tag when possible by entering the @TheirName
3. Incorporate viral words
4. Use trending hashtags
5. Shorten your links
6. Add an image
7. Humour always goes down well
Hashtags – put a # before a relevant keyword or phrase in their Tweet to categorize those Tweets and help them show more easily in Twitter search.
Clicking or tapping on a hashtagged word in any message shows you other Tweets that include that hashtag.
Below other tweets, there is a comment symbol and a retweet symbol-this will post their tweet on your page (a way of sharing others news).Click the heart is to “like” their tweet.
Search for others using the search bar at the top and start following them. Twitter will also show you lost of suggestions on who to follow.
Get tweeting! Remember to follow @TheOutsourceWay
Check out our other how-to guides: